How to Find the Perfect Pair of Nike Golf Shoes
What do you look for in a golf shoe? Comfort, performance and style are usual parts of the equation.
A more specific question:What do you look for in a Nike golf shoe?
Whether you’re already a part of the Nike tribe or curious about golf footwear made by the iconic company, this article previews the brand and introduces the best Nike golf shoes available for less than $100.
As one person who works in the golf equipment industry said, “Nike golf shoes tend to be a little different.” That’s always been Nike’s way. From the start, the Oregon-based company didn’t conform to a particular standard or tradition. She added, “They’re for someone who likes to stand out a bit and break the mold.”
Nike followers are fiercely loyal, and that includes in golf. They love the “swoosh.” That’s good because the swoosh is prominent on nearly every product, including golf shoes that arguably look fleeter than anything else on the golf course. That’s no accident because in the beginning Nike shoes were built for speed.
Nike footwear was born in the running world, thanks to legendary University of Oregon track and field coach Bill Bowerman. “If you have a body, you’re an athlete,” the Nike co-founder famously said.
Ever since then Nike apparel and footwear have exuded an uber athletic vibe. Historically, the products are innovative, and, in the eyes of many around the world, they look cool. People everywhere want to don Nike clothing and slip into Nike shoes.
Nike is worn by some of the most athletic golfers on the planet, including back-to-back U.S. Open champion Brooks Koepka, Rory McIlroy, Jason Day, Tiger Woods, Paul Casey, Tony Finau, Michelle Wie and Suzann Pettersen. This bunch looks as if they could drop their golf clubs and jump into another vigorous game or athletic endeavor.
But you don’t have to be a world-class golfer to reach for a pair of Nike golf shoes. (Coach Bowerman would tell you that you’re already an athlete.) Following are some models to consider. At under $100, they don’t cost a bundle.
Our Top Picks – Most Affordable Nike Golf Shoes
Nike Roshe G Golf Shoes
This shoe is literally cool with its mesh upper. Worn by Nike staffer Tony Finau, these shoes were built to be walked in all day long. Nike also offers Roshe G shoes in Women’s and Juniors sizing.
🎨 Available Colors: Black/White, White/Thunder Blue/Gold, University Red/White, Arctic Pink/White, and Volt/Black.
Customer Comment: “Very comfortable and they look great.”
- Pressure-mapped outsole for better traction
- Mesh upper for breathability
- Injected midsole provides lightweight cushioning
- Flexible, low-profile support for stability
Nike Explorer 2 Golf Shoes
For those who like a more athletic style of golf shoe, the Explorer 2 might be right up your alley. The shoe is constructed with a water repellent material, making it a great choice in rainy conditions. It’s also lightweight, comfortable and offers superior traction. Nike Explorer 2 golf shoes also come in Women’s sizing.
🎨 Available Colors: White/Black, Black, White/Wolf Grey, Wolf Grey/Volt, and Black/White.
Customer Comment: “The best shoe ever. I even wear them casually as sneakers.”
- Rubber outsole provides traction in all conditions
- Phylon cushioning for lightweight comfort and stability
- Upper repels water to keep feet dry
Nike Air Zoom Accurate Golf Shoes
Golfers who prefer soft spikes over spikeless will love the Air Zoom Accurate golf shoes. They provide superior traction, with tons of cushioning and support. They’re also waterproof. Available for Men and Women.
🎨 Available Colors: Black/Metallic Silver, White/Black.
Customer Comment:“These fit great.”
- Durable and waterproof synthetic leather upper
- Removable spikes that twist into a SoftSpikes® Tour-Lock™ system for excellent traction on many surfaces
- Hybrid outsole design that combines innovative traction and removable spikes for more gripping power
- Dual-pull lacing for supportive fit
Nike Course Classic Golf Shoes
This shoe offers Nike fans a classic simple design. Golf’s version of Nike’s popular sneaker line, Court Classic. It’s versatility makes this shoe a good choice on and off the golf course. Course Classic is also available for Women.
🎨 Available Colors: White/Sail, Black.
- Pressure-mapped outsole for better traction
- Rubber cupsole for flexible, low-profile support
- Phylon midsole for lightweight comfort
- Blend of leather and synthetic leather
Nike Women’s FI Flex Golf Shoes
The FI Flex golf shoes are one of Nike’s boldest designs. If you like to make a statement with color and design, these shoes are for you! These shoes are called “flex” for a reason. The material naturally flexes with the movement of the foot and is ultra-lightweight.
🎨 Available Colors: White/Grey/Black, Lava Glow/Black/White.
- Naturally flexible
- Lightweight Phylon midsole and foam collar and tongue provide cushy comfort
- Durable and water-repellant nylon upper
- Large Nike Swoosh is located on top of shoe (instead of the side)
Nike Lunar Fire Golf Shoes
Appropriately named Lunar Fire, these shoes are hot! Flywire construction on each side of the shoe provides lateral support when transferring weight during your swing. Abrasion resistance panels along the toe box prevents wear during follow thru. Removable soft spikes provide superior traction.
🎨 Available Colors: Black/University Red, Grey/Ghost Green, Black/Camo/Pink
Customer Comment: “The shoes are very comfortable and look good, too.”
- Premium synthetic upper for comfort and durability
- Ultra-light, full-length Lunarlon cushioning relieves pressure on foot
- Nike Power Channel enhances flex and power
- ForeFoot Flex Channel improves stability on slopes and other terrain
- CHAMP® Tri-LOK® system for excellent traction
Shop Nike golf shoes and enjoy Golf Discount’s low-price guarantee.
Latest posts by Neil Sagebiel (see all)
- Playing Other Sports Can Help Improve Your Golf Game - November 17, 2018
- VIDEO GOLF INSTRUCTION: Dave Pelz on Hitting Wedge Shots in the Wind - October 5, 2018
- 2018 Ryder Cup: Team USA Still Lacks Team Mindset - October 1, 2018
I really like the Roshe G shoes from Nike, not a bad price for really comfortable shoes.
Lunar fire looks nice!
I don’t normally wear Nike shoes because the width is too narrow for me, any of these shoes have a good width?
Nike does make shoes in wide width, I would recommend trying those. Also customer comments lead me to believe the Lunar Fire shoes run larger than average. Roshe G’s mesh top should be a bit less constricting than the average leather shoe. Hope this helps!
Always try to cop the Jordans that Nike releases, love them!