Nike Vapor Pro Combo Irons
Nike Vapor Pro Combo Irons
Vapor Pro Combo Irons
Modern Muscle. Precision + Power.
Building a better iron starts with listening to the voice of the athlete. When studying Tiger's blades, Nike’s Golf Development team noticed that the wear pattern was directly on the center of the club face, not trending towards the heel where the bulk of the club's weight is carried and where he could achieve a more efficient strike.
- ”We had this idea, if we moved the CG towards the center of the face that it would have more impact and more mass right behind the golf ball. And it worked. I was able to hit the ball a little bit further, it came off more solid, and the amazing thing is the ball flew better." – Tiger Woods
- Modern Muscle geometry balances the CG in the center of the face for maximum ball speed, the highest stability and the purest feel.
- Ultra-fast Spring Steel faces amplify ball speed.
- RZN cavity long irons (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7) and muscle cavity short irons (8, 9, P, A) for the superior combination of stability and shot-shaping workability.
- Weight distributed for high-flying long irons and piercing short irons.
- Progressive sole widths with a beveled leading edge for forgiveness and enhanced versatility.
- Machine milled X3X grooves for enhanced spin control and shot-to-shot consistency.
- Forged 1025 carbon steel body in concert with RZN cavity for refined and consistent feedback.
- Midsize profiles progress from long length, lower profile long irons, through to classic short irons.
Standard Grip: Golf Pride Tour Velvet
Nike Vapor Pro Combo Irons Expert Review
Written By: Bob Gomavitz
The Nike Vapor Pro Combo is exactly what it says it is. It combines the look and feel of a blade, but offers a more mid-sized head. With a thicker top line in the 2-7 irons, there is a small cavity hidden in the Modern Muscle that is filled with RZN, the same material that Nike uses in their golf balls. The longer irons have a machined face on a forged chassis, and the 8-PW are forged heads with a smaller muscle cavity.
Who's It For?
These irons are a great choice for scratch golfers, to mid-handicappers and improving golfers who want to increase their shot making abilities, receive increased feel from shot to shot, and want to control distances better than they would be able to with the even more forgiving game improvement heads.
The 7 Irons was more on the blade side of of this combo set, with a very thin sole and cavity. The toe area was quite rounded and blended into a thin top line. The offset on the 7 Irons was minimal and for the most part the head sure looks like a blade. The feel was crisp and had excellent feedback to my hands on both mishits and solid shots. The ball flight was on the high side with average distance. If you are looking for a true combo set, this is one to look at.
Club Tested: 7-Iron; Shaft: Dynamic Gold Pro S300; Loft: 34°Read the 2015 Players Cavity Back Irons Guide