Ping i210 Irons
Ping i210 Irons
Ping i210 Irons
Precise Distance and Workability
- Activated elastomer insert is 30% bigger in volume and 50% softer for 25% more face contact, ensuring a much softer, muted, assured feel at impact while also returning more energy to the ball.
- Refined lead edge and sole profiles deliver incredible feel through the turf, providing precise distance with workability and shot-making consistency for competition-focused players.
- Structural and offset design are progressive from long to mid-and-short irons. This creates hotter, more forgiving long irons and precise feel with control in mid-and-short irons.
- CNC machined face and grooves makes the face perfectly flat for distance precision.
- Hydropearl 2.0 chrome finish repels water to greatly improve consistency from rough and wet grass. This durable finish is also scratch and wear resistant.
- Grooves in PW and UW are closer together and have a sharper top-edge radius. This creates added friction as more grooves come in contact with the ball to improve spin and distance control.
Stock Steel Shaft: True Temper Dynamic Gold 120
Stock Graphite Shaft: PING Alta CB
Written By: Keith Schneider
Club Tested: 7 Iron; Shaft: True Temper Dynamic Gold; Flex: X100; Loft: 33°
The Ping i210 irons are players irons and an evolution of the Ping i200 irons. Featuring a larger custom tuning port, the insert is 30% larger and filled with an elastomer that is 50% softer. Ping says the result is 25% more face contact and a smooth feel through impact. A redesigned leading edge and sole combine with a more compact shape and minimal offset to deliver enhanced turf interaction and a high-end look that appeals to better players. The i210 grooves are precision-milled for machine like accuracy and consistency, and the pitching wedge and U-wedge emulate the precision grooves of the Glide 2.0 wedges. Sharper edge radius and tighter groove spacing assists in preventing fliers in the scoring irons.
Who's It For?
The i210 irons are gamers and designed for better players, but I believe players trending towards a single digit handicap will find these a very nice offering, too. + to 14 handicaps.
Wow, there is a ton to like about the Ping i210 irons! I had a confident feeling from the moment I looked down on the i210s at address. The Hydro-Pearl 2.0 finish looks clean and smooth, but also like it will hold its finish for a long time. A white bottom line stands out against the Hydro-Pearl finish and helps to align the face at address.
The longer, mid-thickness top line has a classic look to it and gives the toe an almost boxy appearance. While the sole is not as narrow as a true blade’s, the leading edge is both defined and rounded which creates a nice visual at address and interaction with the turf through impact.
The feel and feedback are excellent. I knew exactly where I hit the ball and shots on the sweets spot were incredibly smooth. In addition to improving feel, the elastomer insert removes any vibration or clicky sound that cavity backs can produce. I had no problem producing a repeatable slight draw that launched effortlessly. A shortened follow-through produced a flighted down ball flight without much hassle.
These irons are smooth.0 and worth a serious look if you’re in the market for a new gamer or a step up from your current game-improvement set. You aren’t going to find outrageous distances or maximum forgiveness from the midsized i210 clubhead, but you will find a consistency in distance, performance and feel in the highest order. I may have a real decision to make when my irons are up for replacement.