TaylorMade 2017 M2 D-Type Driver
Unfortunately, this item is currently out of stock. You can see similar products in the catalog. Go to list?
M2 D-Type Driver
Hit it Long. Hit a Draw.
This year, M2 driver also comes in a D-Type variant, which features a draw-biased design to help golfers eliminate a right miss and gain more distance with a straighter ball flight. The D-Type driver (“D” representing draw) combines multiple draw-biasing design technologies to deliver an average of 12 yards—and up to 20 yards—of built-in draw-bias to help players who consistently fight fade-to-slice trajectories find more fairways. In addition to the multi-material construction, a Geocoustic sole, and an active Speed Pocket, the D-Type is more heel-weighted, has slight offset, and uses advanced visual cues to promote a square face at address and a more draw-biased face at impact.
All-New Multi-Material Construction
The new lower density 9-1-1 Titanium body, 6-layer carbon composite crown and minimal sound ribs allowed for 25g of discretionary weight to be relocated low and back in the sole of the club for more speed and forgiveness on every swing.
Geocoustic engineering combines advanced sole shaping with externalized sound ribs to produce best-in-class sound and feel. Designed with a two-tiered sole, golfers will experience the same unreal distance of the original M2 with added playability from all lies.
Enhanced Speed Pocket
Along with the new Geocoustic design, the M2 driver houses a new Speed Pocket that is deeper and three times more flexible than it was in the original M2. This increases flexion and forgiveness across the clubface while generating high launch / low spin shots resulting in massive distance.
New Ultra-Lightweight Loft Sleeve
4° aluminum Loft Sleeve features 12 easily adjustable settings to dial in your loft and face angle without going to a golf shop.
FF2FF Precision Process
The iconic two-tone crown of the M1 driver is precision-fit to the skeletal titanium body using an FF2FF process—a breakthrough engineering technique that results in craftsmanship of the highest quality with manufacturing repeatability for a consistent, aggressive appearance and undeniable performance.
Premium Stock Shaft or 30+ No-Upcharge Shaft Offerings
- Matrix OZIK MFS X5 (high launch)
- Draw-biased design helps eliminate a right miss and gain more distance with a drawing ball flight.
- Advanced Geocoustic sole shaping with recessed toe panel enables clubface expansion for added forgiveness.
- Externalized sound ribs optimize clubhead vibration for exceptional sound and feel.
- New ultra-lightweight, aluminum, 4° loft sleeve with 12 settings allows for easy customization.
- Manufactured with high quality crown-to-body craftsmanship for consistent appearance and performance.
- Choose from a stock Matrix OZIK MFS X5 (high launch) shaft, or dozens of additional after-market shafts at no additional cost.