TaylorMade AeroBurner Black Fairway Wood
AeroBurner Black Fairway Wood
Made for Speed.
The name “AeroBurner” derives from the product’s advanced aerodynamics, a performance variable that TaylorMade researchers and developers have long obsessed over in their quest to engineer fast driver heads. To accomplish this, AeroBurner metalwoods feature an “Aero hosel,” (small fin located at the heel of the club to reduce drag) a raised center crown and rounded toe section. All three of these variables work as a system to improve aerodynamics and lower drag force. Additionally, the AeroBurner family has the largest Speed Pocket ever, which enhances the sweet spot and protects ball speed on mishits.
- Speed Pocket
- The fairway’s biggest advancement is its new Speed Pocket which is twice as big as the JetSpeed (first driver to feature the technology). Unlike JetSpeed, AeroBurner fairways do not have loft sleeve technology which offers loft and lie adjustability. This allowed company engineers to extend the length of the Speed Pocket across the entire sole for maximum performance. In other words, this pocket increases the size of the sweet spot and reduces spin.
- Strong Face
- The AeroBurner 3 wood uses the highest strength face material - Ni-Co 300 Superalloy.
- Shorter Shaft
- The overall length of the shaft has been shortened from previous fairway offerings to increase its playability while maintaining while maintaining the speed from new head advancements.
- Standard Shaft: Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60
- Standard Grip: Lamkin UTx TP