Made for Speed.
The name “AeroBurner” derives from the product’s advanced aerodynamics, a performance variable that TaylorMade researchers and developers have long obsessed over in their quest to engineer fast driver heads. To accomplish this, AeroBurner metalwoods feature an “Aero hosel,” (small fin located at the heel of the club to reduce drag) a raised center crown and rounded toe section. All three of these variables work as a system to improve aerodynamics and lower drag force. Additionally, the AeroBurner family has the largest Speed Pocket ever, which enhances the sweet spot and protects ball speed on mishits.
- Speed Pocket
- The driver’s biggest advancement is its new Speed Pocket which is twice as big as the JetSpeed (first driver to feature the technology). Unlike JetSpeed, AeroBurner drivers do not have loft sleeve technology which offers loft and lie adjustability. This allowed company engineers to extend the length of the Speed Pocket across the entire sole for maximum performance. In other words, this pocket increases the size of the sweet spot and reduces spin.
- Head Shape
- The advanced 460cc aerodynamic shape is designed with a rounder toe, raised center crown, reduced drop from crown to skirt, and new hosel fin.
- Inverted Cone
- The AeroBurner driver features an Inverted Cone which is a technology used in every TaylorMade driver since the R500 Series in 2002. The Inverted Cone milled into the inner side of the clubface promotes higher ball speed on off-center hits.
- Ultra-Light Shaft
- The AeroBurner driver features an ultra-light 50-gram Matrix Speed Rul-Z shaft. The longer, lighter shaft and light grip adds up to less than 300 grams of total club weight, promoting faster swing speed.
- Standard Men's Shaft: Matrix Speed Rul-Z 50
- Standard Men's Grip: TM Speed Grip
- Standard Women's Shaft: Matrix Speed Rul-Z 45
- Standard Women's Grip: Winn Speed Ladies
- Questions (0)
TaylorMade AeroBurner Driver Expert Review
Written By: Bob Gomavitz
This is one of the few Drivers out there without any adjustable features. It’s a Point and Shoot Driver just like the past Burner offerings and is about speed! It features a longer light weight shaft to enhance the heads aerodynamic design. Looking down at the new AeroBurner you quickly noticed the Raised Center Crown creates an extra alignment aid to help frame the ball at address. You’ll also notice that Taylormade has gone back to the White colorway which gives the head an even larger than it looks feel. The head sits square to a touch closed when compared to the slightly open TP version and both versions have a slightly shallow face height. The feel was solid and crisp as I tend to find with any glued in heads. As for the sound, it produce a more solid thud sound over the higher pitched sound from most adjustable head. My launch angle was quite high, as the 9.5 degree loft seemed more like 10 to 10.5 degrees of loft to me. Mishits were better than most as they were with past Burner offering and much more forgiving than the Lower/Forward CG heads. With no worries about adjustments it’s a great Grip it and Rip it driver.
Who's It For?
While the R15 may be the Flagship head for the 2015 season, the AeroBurner will offer a wide range of players a simple point and shoot driver that will be forgiving and quite possibly one of the longest drivers for 2015.
In the past I have found the Burner series to be very long distance wise, but would come at the cost of some lost control. With the AeroBurner I found improved dispersion, along with a flatter ball flight. After a few test drives it had my full attention.
*PING Excluded from FREE Shipping. Shipping costs are for Ground Shipping to the contiguous United States
GolfDiscount.com is proud to use FedEx as its primary shipping provider. All packages shipped via FedEx include shipping insurance as part of the quoted price. Packages are protected 100% until the merchandise arrives and is signed for by you. We offer FedEx Ground Shipping to the Contiguous 48 states. All FedEx shipment times are quoted in business days, as neither FedEx Next-Day service nor FedEx 2-Day service ship or deliver on weekends or holidays.
Orders over $99.00 = *Free FedEx Ground shipping!
Orders under $99.00 = Ground shipping only $8.99
*Please note that the free shipping option excludes PING merchandise due to MFR restriction.
Orders with out of stock products
We do our best to reflect accurate inventory on the website but on occasion some items may be out of stock. If an order with multiple products includes a product that is out of stock, the out of stock item will be removed and we will ship the in-stock items. This will allow us to get your order delivered quickly without delay! Questions? Call us at 1-800-394-4653.
GolfDiscount.com can ship almost any item we carry in stock internationally. From Canada, to Europe, to Australia and everywhere in between, we can provide rate estimates and service to international customers. International shipping prices will be calculated during checkout, but if you would like to estimate shipping costs prior, please use our sales team at 1-800-394-4653.
We are also proud to offer FedEx Next Day and 2-Day Air at the lowest possible rates attainable. Rates vary depending on the dimensional weight and destination of the shipment.
Hawaii and Alaska Shipments
FedEx Next Day and 2-Day Air are available for customers looking to have products shipped to Hawaii or Alaska.
Orders completed by 12PM PST (3PM EST) ship out same day! All other orders will be processed and fulfilled within one business day. Drop Ship products and orders completed on Saturdays require additional processing time.
PO Boxes and APO Shipments
GolfDiscount.com gladly ships to PO Boxes and APO addresses through USPS.
Additional Shipping Information
Canadian and International Orders