TaylorMade RSi 1 Combo Irons
TaylorMade RSi 1 Combo Irons
The RSi 1 Combo Iron Set is the culmination of TaylorMade's quest to increase speed, enhance distance, and provide forgiveness.The shape of the rescue is very striking at address and will speak to the better player, while the performance of the club will speak to anyone who hits it. -Brian Bazzel, Senior Designer, TaylorMade Metalwood Product Creation
RSi 1 Combo Iron Set
Speed, Distance, and Forgiveness
The RSi 1 Combo Set includes RSi 1 irons, in graphite or steel, as well as the new AeroBurner Rescue Clubs.
The RSi 1 irons feature new Face Slot Technology on the heel and toe which provides uniform flexation across the face at impact, generating higher ball speeds and protecting distance even on off-center hits. Combined with the successful Speed Pocket Technology in the sole of the irons, the RSi 1's are fast, long, and extremely forgiving, culminating in high MOI playability and impressive performance.
The name “AeroBurner” derives from the product’s advanced aerodynamics, a performance variable that TaylorMade researchers and developers have long obsessed over in their quest to engineer fast driver heads. To accomplish this, AeroBurner metalwoods feature an “Aero hosel,” (small fin located at the heel of the club to reduce drag) a raised center crown and rounded toe section. All three of these variables work as a system to improve aerodynamics and lower drag force. Additionally, the AeroBurner family has the largest Speed Pocket ever, which enhances the sweet spot and protects ball speed on mishits.
RSi 1 Irons:
- New Face Slot Technology in 3-8 irons
- Two slots located near the heel and toe of the clubface that provide uniform flexion across the face
- Protects ball speed and generating more consistent distance on off-center hits
- Improved Speed Pocket with ThruSlot Technology in 3-7 irons
- Provides ball speed protection on shots below the center of the face
- Increases launch angle and ball speed on all shots
- Advanced Face Design: Deep undercut and Inverted Cone Technology combine to promote maximum face speed
- Improved sound and feel through advanced construction and multiple dampening systems
- New Reax 90 steel shaft from True Temper helps to optimize ball flight for ultimate distance and performance
AeroBurner Rescue Clubs:Speed Pocket
The rescue's biggest advancement is its new Speed Pocket which is twice as big as the JetSpeed (first rescue to feature the technology). Unlike JetSpeed, AeroBurner fairways do not have loft sleeve technology which offers loft and lie adjustability. This allowed company engineers to extend the length of the Speed Pocket across the entire sole for maximum performance. In other words, this pocket increases the size of the sweet spot and reduces spin.Aerodynamic Face
The AeroBurner rescue uses the highest strength face material (Ni-Co 300 Superalloy), precision cast crown with TaylorMade's Thick-Thin crown technology, and a shallow face to increase launch and spin.Shorter Shaft
The overall length of the shaft has been shortened by half an inch from previous rescue offerings to provide more playability and forgiveness.
- Standard Rescue Shaft: Matrix Speed RUL-Z 70
- Standard Graphite Iron Shaft: True Temper Reax 90
- Standard Steel Iron Shaft: Fujukiura Speeder 77 Evolution
- Standard Rescue Grip: Speed Rubber Grip
- Standard Iron Grip: Lamkin UTx
Several aftermarket shafts and grips are available to customize your RSi 1 Combo Set. Call golfdiscount.com at 1-800-394-4653 to place an order for a custom combo set today!